Tomorrow morning bright and early!!

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
kamren

Tomorrow morning bright and early!!

Post by kamren »

Tomorrow morning I am getting up about 5 am, and getting ready and DH is drving me to Houston for my ModQuad surgery!!! Woohoo!!! I have to be there by 7:30 am, and the trip is about 1 hour. I can hardly wait!!!

It is like my wildest fantasies coming true! Hard to imagine just 3 short months ago, I never even let myself dream of a "normal" arm. I feel on the verge of a whole new life:)
njbirk

Re: Tomorrow morning bright and early!!

Post by njbirk »

I am very excited for you!

Nancy
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Kamren,congratulations....keep us posted,please.
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Susana

Post by Susana »

I am very happy for you. Good luck and God bless you and guide the Doctors.
BrianD

Post by BrianD »

Good luck!!! I hope everything turns out the way you want it to. Drive safely.
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

Kamren:
Best of luck to you. You and the medical staff will be my thoughts for a successful outcome. Keep us informed of your progress.

John P.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I am so happy for you, I can't wait to hear the results... I will keep you in my prayers.

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Good Luck to you. I hope everything goes well. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted on how things work out for you.