met someone else

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
erica

met someone else

Post by erica »

Hi All!
Sorry it's been so long since I posted. I have been lurking though.
I just wanted to share some exciting news. A few weeks ago at the temple(I'm Mormon) I saw a guy about my age accross the room. He was holding his arm funny. Well I missed being able to talk to him. Anyways my parents went to the temple without me one day and my dad happened to be sitting next to him. He told him that my mom wanted to talk with him. It turns out he has a BPI. He attends the temple 12:30 every day tuesday-saturday. He is serving a temple mission. Before his mission he lived in Airdre which is about 3 hours away from where I live. Well We've been talking a little bit, but we're not quite sure what to say to each other. It seems like he has more use out of his shoulder and I have more use in my hand(Thank you Dr. Harrop). It's like we're still in awe that we have found one another. We always look at each other and smile at each other throughout the time we're there.
I just wanted to share that little bit. Oh and he only has 3 months left to his mission. YAY!!!!!
erica
kamren

Re: met someone else

Post by kamren »

How cool!!! How so many of us wish we could do that:)
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Hi Erica
So glad to see you again... It is wonderful and it is so nice to have someone who understands....

I know when I first met Nancy and Judy it was instant bonding... then I met Stephanie, John P, Anthony and I had a whole network of those who have had similar experiences... and discovered we all had a great sense of humor about our bpi...

I am glad you have found someone to talk with....
Keep lurking and posting.... please we all missed you.

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
LynND

Post by LynND »

Hi Erica
Glad to see you posting it seems a long time since our chats. Just be yourself and enjoy each others company.Go with the flow if he doesn't want to talk about BPI don't,as Kath says use humor it works every time, you will know when the time is right. Happy you are still lurking. My new email is fgmbw@netspace.net.au if you need it
Lyn
erica

Post by erica »

hi again,
sorry it's been a while. I ended up getting sick, so I wasn't up to using the computer.
Yes Chandler is adorable and when he smiles his whole face lights up. And I hear that he has a great sense of humour(can you tell I have a little crush going on). Unfortunately I haven't been able to go to the temple in the past little bit, and won't until I feel better. Plus my Dad is working afternoons so I can't make it to the 12:30 session. So I will see how it goes.
erica
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hi Erica....I just want to add my "2 cents"....how lucky you are to meet somebody like you and mormon too!! You go girl!...Go with the flow & you'll find that you will have lots to talk about when the opportunity comes...AND it WILL come,I know.
I hope you get well soon.
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI