I am going to a hearing to prove ERBS is a disibilty!!

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
admin
Site Admin

I am going to a hearing to prove ERBS is a disibilty!!

Post by admin »

I have prove my case so FAR!! This may prove help to you in the future? Keep the records on your child!! I will be proving that ERBS is a Disiabilty !!! in Chicago!! I am so happy for me and the parents and babys!! and children!! This is all about a Human Rights Case!!! I will take This issue to the EEOC or the IHRC!!! THIS IS GREAT , I know God start this!!! Tom
patpxc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C-5 and C-6. Unable to supinate. Contracture elbow. Wrist bone underdeveloped.
Can raise forearm to mouth level. shoulder is limited in movement. Unable to put arm behind back. Secondary- early arthritis, carpal tunnel, pronator syndrome,scoliosis

Re: I am going to a hearing to prove ERBS is a disibilty!!

Post by patpxc »

I am on SSI due to Erb's and overuse in the other arm. It got approved quickly. Document everything and get a functional eval. Hope this helps. Pat Q
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is better to have disability then SSI. Usually if there is no help from disability then do it. Usually someone who takes from their SSI can not work or barely hold anything.
phaliscak

Post by phaliscak »

Thank you Tom. This is were change begins. My son Michael is only 6 right now, but if I can be of any help please let me know.

Patty
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

You go Tom

I applied for disability in 2001 and was granted it.
I had to be out of work for 5 months before I got a check and they listed the date of my injury as Jan 2001... even though I told them it was a birth injury....

I had to write a big long resume of all the jobs I had and all the volunteer jobs I had and explain why I could no longer work. I also had to send them all the material from the website on OBPI... I also included information from the National Institute of Health.

What we really need is someone to understand that we have a shorter work span and allow us to retire with dignity and not fighting to prove we have a disability.

So glad you are feeling good and positive about this.
Kath
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You are right, this is a HUMAN RIGHTS case and so many issues pertaining to this injury seem to involve basic human rights. I have recently learned of some other rights which I plan on fighting for, for the rest of my life. I am even contemplating law school, crazy, I know.

I just wanted to support you in your incredible efforts to help children and adults with this injury. Please continue to keep your spirit, energy and commitment to this important cause. It means so much to so many.

Keep us posted!

P.S. Have you ever thought of organizing with others? Power comes in numbers.
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Tom,
I hope things go easily for you.
I applied for disability retirement a year ago and received it fairly easily. I think the medical records and the results of an independent medical exam proved my case without any need for arguing with the review board. They passed it without question.

Keep us updated, ok?

Nancy
Brianshny

Post by Brianshny »

Can an infant get SSI for having Erb's Palsy? I filed the papers for him & they denied him. Does anyone know or has tried to get disability for an infant? My son also has other problems, clubbed feet & extra fluid on his brain but not bad. Should I appeal it?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,I dont know about SSI and Children . I would ask your qestion on the first board there is alot of new moms anwser there and your question is very inportant.Tom