Suggestions for treatment

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Charlotte

Suggestions for treatment

Post by Charlotte »

Hello All,

I am 26 and live in Australia. I have been living with Erbs Palsy for the past 26 years and pretty much have just tried to work around my shoulder wherever possible...I play as much sport as I can and have started swimming again to make sure I exercise it. However, recently I have been experiencing a lot of numbness in my arm especially at night, plus I tend to be susceptible to neck pain and have had x-rays confirming my spine has twisted as I over compensate with my other arm.

I am interested in any information people may have on possible treatments, thoughts on surgery, people to talk to etc... I realise this is a US based forum but any contacts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlotte
Kathleen M

Re: Suggestions for treatment

Post by Kathleen M »

Hi Charlotte

I am so glad you found this site. I am sure Lyn will give you tons of information.

I am right obpi and only found this site about 3 1/2 years ago. I have learned so much in that short time about treatments and medical terms...

But most of all I learn so much about my self and all the other adult/obpi. I learned how many of my little quirks are not quirks but are related to our injury.

I also learning I am not alone anymore and I can ask questions freely to people who understand.

Welcome
Kath
Kathleen M

Re: Suggestions for treatment

Post by Kathleen M »

LYN

I e-mailed you and sent it to the wrong address ... and when I got back on line you already responded. I should have known... LOL...

Always nice to see you on the boards too!

Kath