Looking to met an adult in my area with BPI

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
diana_shafer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm BPI injury

Looking to met an adult in my area with BPI

Post by diana_shafer »

Hi guys i'm new on finding support! I am 26 years old and have bpi since birth in my right arm. anyone in the california area would love to met someone like myself!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Looking to met an adult in my area with BPI

Post by Carolyn J »

Hello Diana & Welcome to UBPN.
Please copy and Paste your post on the "General Message Board" too. Sometimes us adults don't always come here. :(

Carolyn J
LOBPI/74
SwtBrooke

Post by SwtBrooke »

HI !!!
my name is Sharon and I am now 61 managing and sometimes struggling with my ROBPI which did not cause me significant issues until I was in my fifties. Almost every year now since I became widowed, I've had to go through months on physical therapy for extreme pain and limited function.
I'd love to chat with other adults in similar situations and to find a resource for my physical therapist to talk to another physical therapist who has much experience with the adult aging issues of this injury.

THANK YOU
SHARON SIWECK
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Where are you located Sharon?
Carolyn J
LOBPI/74 -- Washington state
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I live in New York..you can contact me at KathM@ubpn.org
Maybe we live close enough to meet.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
johnmetalman
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: hit by car november 26 07 operated on oct 08 ruptured radial nerve with sural grafts and nerve transfer of median to radial in forearm. radial nerve has some recovery all other nerves are intact.

Post by johnmetalman »

Hi my name is john....i am a person in recovery and I love mountains!!!!
cdmurfee

Post by cdmurfee »

Hi Diana, what part is CA do you reside? I live in the inland empire of So Cal, and always enjoy meeting people who share my experiences.

-Chris LOBPI/28
diana_shafer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm BPI injury

Post by diana_shafer »

Sorry for the late post but I'm in modesto ca northern area
ASC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI

Post by ASC »

Hi! On the east coast, upper New England, in Maine. 54 year old male with OBPI of the right arm. Stay Strong!