Moro Reflex

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Silent Smith

Moro Reflex

Post by Silent Smith »

Hi

I am not certain if you can help but I'll give it a go.

Our 7 week old daughter had the above test performed on her. The doctor actually did it nine times as he wasn't entirely certain if there was a problem with her left arm. From birth, she had the test performed on four ocassions with no difficulty.

She is showing very advanced motor skills. Signs of a four/five month old, both with arms and hands. In the last few days she started raising her legs into a vertical position. We also now that after six weeks the reflex starts to dissipate (gradually I am sure).

The doctor wouldn't listen to our argument of "could her advance development quicken the disapperance of the Moro Reflex". He couldn't answer this question and actually had a puzzled look on his face.

Does anyone know of the above possibility? Or could this "weakness" be UBPN.

BrookesMom

Re: Moro Reflex

Post by BrookesMom »

I have never heard of this but I would go to a neuro and ortho right away. Do not wait - usually the quicker you get a diagnosis the quicker you can work on answers!
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Re: Moro Reflex

Post by Tanya in NY »

Just food for thought...your doctor tried to elicit the moro reflex 9 times? Each time you try to elicit it, the less chance that it will occur. It will usually only be evident for a couple times with each evalation. Food for thought.
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old