which famous people have had erbs palsy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
LynND

which famous people have had erbs palsy

Post by LynND »

Does any one have the names of famous people who have had erbs palsy with references as well if possible my son wants to know. Thanks in advance
Lyn
Matt's Dad

Re: which famous people have had erbs palsy

Post by Matt's Dad »

I believe Martin Sheen has a left BPI. Never confirmed however.
JaimeC

Post by JaimeC »

Doesn't Bob Dole have a traumatic brachial plexus injury? I believe he got it in the war....
Jaime
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Yes Bob Dole has a Brachial Plexus. In fact, on Feb. 9, 2001 he was honored with the fourth annual Outreach Award in a brief ceremony in WA, D.C. by UBPN. He was presented with the Outreach Award in recognition of his achievements and status as a positive role model for the brachial plexus injury community. He was injuried durning World War II.

Those that presented him this award were: Dennis, Sharon and Tess Gavagan, Ryan McClune, Joann and Wes Beale. Tess, Wes and Ryan have a BPI.

Hope this helps.

Karen

JaimeC

Post by JaimeC »

Karen, I had no idea Bob Dole was presented with that award....where in the world have I been?!?!?!?!?
Thanks,
Jaime
whitneys mom

Post by whitneys mom »

I just read Martin Sheens Bio on a site, and it just says that is arm is 3inches shorter due to complications at birth. here is the page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000640/bio

Amanda
LynND

Post by LynND »

Thanks
Any more
Karen Hillyer

Post by Karen Hillyer »

Kaiser Wilhelm of Germany grandson of Queen Victoria of Britain had a very severe obpi
In many of the early film reels it is quite clear that he has a significant deficit in his arm.
In official portraits his arm is always hidden or displayed in a manner that the injury does not show.
Many people were of the opinion that he also suffered quite serious psychological trauma as a result of his injury and this was often used as reason for him embarking on the war which became known as
World War 1
I have also seen a Polish or Russian actor in a film once who also had quite a severe bpi - although his name was very difficult to note down from the credits and I have never seen him in any other films since.
Matt's Dad

Post by Matt's Dad »

Check out his picture of Kaiser Wilhelm. Here's the link:
http://www.firstworldwar.com/bio/wilhelmii.htm
Thanks for the info Karen...