New Brag Post Messages

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Dean-na

New Brag Post Messages

Post by Dean-na »

Well, I wanted to start a new brag post. I want to brag on myself a little. As you all know I am 8 weeks post mod quad. I rec'd my air splint last Friday & for the FIRST time in my life, I raised both of my arms completely up. My kids were so excited you'd thought it was Christmas. I was giving high-fives to everyone. When I take my air splint to therapy, I feel like the Incredible Hulk...lol

I also want to thank Rachel for listening to me about me fussing about my pillow sling. We (Rachel & I) are having a tuff time with adding foam to our pillow slings.

rachelcasa

Re: New Brag Post Messages

Post by rachelcasa »

Congratulations!!! The Hulk huh, well then you should match my wonderful green contraption that I have rigged up for my pillow. Heheh...Your so welcome! This is so exciting. My brag is that my sling is working. If anyone needs the recipie let me know.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

What do these pillow slings do exactly? What joints to they help? I would be interested to find out more. Thanks.
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

I had a pillow sling also after my mod quad. It is there just to support and protect the arm.

As adults, we cannot go directly into a splint, it would be too much of a stretch, literally. While the muscle and tendon releases would allow it, we can't stretch skin and blood vessels like that after being contracted for many years. So we are treated a little differently than the kiddo's.

I went into a SOL splint at 6 weeks, gradually building up time in it.

Nancy
Vanda Roseboom

Post by Vanda Roseboom »

I would like to see a picture of the slings maybe these would be good for Richard - for his sleeping position.
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

I couldn't sleep in it.
It is like a big square pillow.
Kind of like carrying around the side of a couch with you!

Nancy
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Boy, was I confused reading that until I realized it was a post from last year!!
You can go to Francine's site injurednewborn.com and she has a picture of me wearing the pillow sling. Please pardon the icky pajama pictures of myself. I look horrid in those pictures!! It's under rachelcasa's mod quad I think. You can see the difference and what the pillow looks like. Although that was the pillow with no alterations. It got way more uncomfortable then that.
Mandie

Post by Mandie »

I have a brag! Sarah is 100% potty trained now!!! FINALLY!! A tip for getting her to pull them up on her own is getting a size bigger!!

Also, here is a link to some pics we just had done at walmart of the girls.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v716/Mandie-Public/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It sounds like you are an adult that has recently had a mod quad, my small child also had that surgery pretty close to your timeline. And her recovery has been really really amazing. My small child is too young to express how she feels about being able to do so many new things. I am wondering if you could share in more depth how you feel in these new gains... I am delving here because I want to live kind of vicariously through our own expereince to have a more complete grasp of my child's... For example were you afraid as you reached so high for the first time, could you feel tugs at your body as you made new movements, did you suddenly feel disoriented in being able to new movements, in your mind did you have fleeting moments of anger.....

I ask with great kindness and respect...