Media coverage

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Allison

Media coverage

Post by Allison »

Well folks, it happened, we have media coverage. All I did was call our local television station (RCN) and talked to them about Brachial Plexus Injuries and how we are struggling to spread the word via media. Yesterday I dropped of a packet of information from the web site in order to better prepare the interviewer for the taping. The taping will be on November 13th. The show will air sometime in December. My lawyer will be present. I felt having him there would give our issue credibility. I will also be putting a plug in for UBPN directing people to this site. Wish me luck. This is just the first step. Next year, we go bigger!!!! I will be making copies of the interview, it is a half hour show called "Community Spotlight".
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Re: Media coverage

Post by cbe411 »

Allison! THis is wonderful to hear! I Am so glad that you guys are making headway wit this! My mom was just talking about calling the news staation again and doing a follow up with me in a few months (see how the surgery takes) to make people aware. You get a whole half hour show! Thats just great! Keep us infrmed PLEASE and I would love to see a copy of the show once you get it! Good luck!!!
COurtney
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow! Tht is wonderful! I would love a copy of the interview if that is possible. I can send you a blank VHS tape when the time comes. So glad you are getting the word out! We need this!
~Krista~
Dean-na

Post by Dean-na »

Allison:

That is absolutely WONDERFUL. How hard was it for you to convince them to do this? I agree about having your lawyer present. There are SO many people that have no clue about BPI's. Since I have learned there are so many of us, we all need to spread the world. I know I am doing my little part. I have educated all my co-workers, all the therapist & anyone else that will listen. It gave me a great opportunity to talk about it right after I had surgery & was still having to tote around the pillow sling. GOOD LUCK!!

Deanna
Dean-na

Post by Dean-na »

Correction...spread the word not the world...lol
Tessie258

Post by Tessie258 »

Maybe you should take a list of people who want the video and have them pay in advance.....Congratulations!!!
T.
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Allison,

Great news. this is wonderful, if you are going to start a list of who would like a copy of the show, please put me . I am the health and safety chair for our State PTA and would love to have a copy to show at next years convention.

Of course I wish you the best of luck but I am sure you will do great, so glad the lawyer will be there also.

Hugs,

Karen

Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Allison, good luck! The interview will be great - you are really good at this stuff!! Can't wait to see it!
-francine
Allison

Post by Allison »

Great news......
The producer just called, the show will air 3x's!!!! December 16th, 18th, and 30th.
Yeah, we rock!!!