BPI awareness/ Finding Nemo

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
LeeAnne

Re: BPI awareness/ Finding Nemo

Post by LeeAnne »

I don't think it's dumb at all. I've thought about the same thing myself.I just don't who to contact or how tio go about it. LeeAnne
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I found this on the web for contact information:
Please try and see if they are the right ones to contact. Maybe they can give you direction. I think this is a great idea!!!!
I will keep looking but please let me know a status if we got the right contact information.

Contacts:

Heidi Trotta
Senior Vice President, Publicity
Buena Vista Pictures Marketing
(818)560-7280
Kim Cannon
Pixar Animation Studios
(510) 752-3475

JennyF

Post by JennyF »

I found this info on the web for Finding NEMO Pixar. Try these contacts and let me know if you get somewhere! I will keep trying. I think this is a great idea and I fully support it!!!

Contacts:

Heidi Trotta
Senior Vice President, Publicity
Buena Vista Pictures Marketing
(818)560-7280
Kim Cannon
Pixar Animation Studios
(510) 752-3475

Cara
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My oldest daughter suffered a LOBPI. We were sent home form the hospital without being told anything was wrong. She had nerve graft surgery at one year of age, tendon transfer and release at 3 1/2 yrs of age.

Post by Cara »

Hey I hope they will. I know Rosalynn has 3 Nemo shirts, a dress, and shoes. She is also getting a nemo game for her birthday along with hats, plates, streamers, cake the whole works. She loves Nemo because he has a lucky fin just like her. :)
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

I have wondered the same thing. I am 32 year old and fell in love with nemo. I could relate to him. And don't fall off of your chair now people....but....I went on my birthday (last Wednesday) and got a finding nemo tattoo on my ankle. I just had the mod quad surgery done on Sept. 11th and I just had to do it. I'll have to take a picture of him and send it if you want to see it. It's fabulous!!!
My friends have even started calling me Nemo!!
I love it!!
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

P.S. Let me know if anyone has called that number. If not I will do it most definately. Let me know.
CW1992

Post by CW1992 »

Hi all,
Here I go - I am alittle unsure about this idea but that's probably because of the age of my child - 11 yrs old, in Middle school now, boy crazy.....going to dances and football games and many crushes on boys in her classes. I don't think that she would like being called "Nemo" and that is probably what will happen if Nemo discusses brachial plexus injuries. I think that for younger kids Nemo is probably a 'hero' type, and for adults - they are hopefully past the adolescent/teen phase of trying to fit in.....but for middle aged kids from about 7 and up to about 18 or even early 20's this could be hard for them. Kids start calling my child "Nemo" now and that will be a hard nickname to ever live down, even as she gets older, and it will draw constant attention to her arm when she does not want that attention. She'll be getting, "Why does everyone call you Nemo???" and then she'd have to explain and maybe she won't want to. I think that if she were older though like Rachel, she probably would like it. I think that an actor, actress or an adult who has this injury might be better, because they would be a safe role model that wouldn't carry an image or a nickname - but just talk seriously about about this injury. I do understand everyone else's views too - - just thought I'd share mine.
Christy