Mod Quad

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Mod Quad

Post by admin »

My child is scheduled to have the Mod Quad surgery in november and I am so scared. As much as I read and hopefully prepare, I always feel there is really no preparation when you get there. Any suggestions on how to deal. Also where can I get free airfare info? Thanks for any reply!
Mary1

Re: Mod Quad

Post by Mary1 »

mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

hi guest.... here's where you can find a ton of info about mod quad

http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/homepage.html

it's all there - free airfare - hotel info - splint info - what to expect on the day of surgery...

if you have any questions - just ask away...

mod quad was miraculous for my daughter - it was hugely pivotal to the movement she has today and I have no idea where she would be had she not had it...

BUT with that said - each child is different..... we cannot forget that.

let us know how we can help,
how about coming to chat??
wednesdays at 10 pm EST
http://www.injurednewborn.com/chatroom.html

-francine
jquackenbush

Post by jquackenbush »

My son had a mod quad when he was 2 1/2. He has had four surgeries and the most dramatic improvement was from the mod quad. I call it the miracle surgery. The splint was cumbersome but he was still able to play and do his thing. It definitely was worth it. It will probably be harder for you then it will be for him.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our 1 year old daughter had mod-quad surgery on Aug. 5 - this was her first surgery at TCH. We went through so many emotions before deciding to have the surgery. I remember crying every night three weeks before we were set to leave, but once we made our decision and felt in our hearts it was the best for Reagan we were fine. Reagan had a lot of movement in her left arm before the surgery and with it only being 5 weeks post surgery we haven't notice any changes...yet. It was very scary setting off on your trip but once we got to the hotel and had our clinic appointment my nerves settled. Reagan's surgery went so well and the staff at TCH is wonderfully amazing. She was in no pain and was bouncing in the exersauser after she was splinted. The best was that we made it through her 3 weeks in the splint and was able to see Dr. Nath at Camp and he said she didn't need to wear it at night the final 3 weeks - we are so happy about that. Please email me if you have any questions. Both my husband and I are glad we made the decision to have the surgery, now we just wait.
Christi
cvsala@capital.net