appointment results

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
erica

appointment results

Post by erica »

Hi everyone,
Well I had the appointment with Dr. Harrop(plastic surgeon) on Tuesday and wanted to post the results.
I will finally be having surgery. It won't be until September or October. I find out a tentative date when I phone his office in 1-2 weeks. He's changed his mind about which tendon he wants to use, which I couldn't have agreed more with him on the subject. So He's going to use the tendon on the outside(right arm BPI) of my arm. Since my hand is pulled tight and looks crooked he's hoping this will make my hand look straiter, giving more power to the tendons on the inside of my arm. Then he will hook the tendon up to my fingers and a muscle in my wrist. I will be in splint for 4-5 weeks. And it will be done in Day surgery, but he wants me to stay in Calgary for a few extra days just in case he needs to see me or vice versa.
I am just so excited for surgery. I can't wait to see my hand open on it's own. I just wanted you all to know.
Erica:o)
christy

Re: appointment results

Post by christy »

Awesome! Can't wait to hear about the results.
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Erica,

I know you've been waiting for this for a long time.
I hope all goes smoothly and you get good results!

Take care and keep us posted!

Peggy
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

Hi Erica

Thanks so much for sharing this. I will be praying for your healing and great results from surgery. I am sure you will be thrilled with any new movement.

I am glad you posted and happy to hear from you
hugs to you (((((((ERICA>>>>>>

Kath
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Erica - so happy that you found this doctor and that there's something that can be done! STay in touch and let us know how you are doing!
big hugs,
francine
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Erica,
So glad you have finally found someone who is willing to try to do something. I am very excited for you!
Nancy
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

erica! i am so excited for you!! glad you have found someone who can help you out! keep us informed and well keep you in our prayers!
~Courtney