Wanted to share

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Allison

Wanted to share

Post by Allison »

I wrote a poem for Bradley, thougt I'd share.......

An "act of God" so they claim
They will never feel your pain

My heart aches with worry and despair
Where are the answers? Why don't they care?

Pulled into this world with a force that's unmeasurable
Only in our daily lives do we see the damage done..irreparable

I must stay strong for you my son
Just being in your presence fills me with a love that can never be undone

You are truly a special gift, your eyes speak silent wisdom
Holding you in my arms, taking in your baby scent, praying for better days to come

I hope there is a light at the end of this difficult path
It's a miracle how the pain eases each and every day you laugh

........Sorry I'm so emotional these days. Writing is helping me get through
admin
Site Admin

Re: Wanted to share

Post by admin »

Allison, that was great! What a great stress reliever, although reading it gets me all worked up again. It was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I copied it off for Logan's scrapbook.
Thanks for sharing your heart...
Natalie
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Allison

I cannot tell you how much this poem touched my spirit. You have such a special gift with words and you express your feeling in such a beautiful way... Your words are a gift to those who read them... How kind of you to share them with us.

I still have tears but they are sweet tears. I am touched by the depth of your emotion and your ability to express yourself. I am a mother and obpi and I truly understand both emotions...
I have often said, I don't really know which is harder, to be obpi or to be the mother of an injured baby...
I think it was easier to be me... then my Mother... She had no outlet for her tears and fears...
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful expression of love.

Kath

Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

Allison

I cannot tell you how much this poem touched my spirit. You have such a special gift with words and you express your feeling in such a beautiful way... Your words are a gift to those who read them... How kind of you to share them with us.

I still have tears but they are sweet tears. I am touched by the depth of your emotion and your ability to express yourself. I am a mother and obpi and I truly understand both emotions...
I have often said, I don't really know which is harder, to be obpi or to be the mother of an injured baby...
I think it was easier to be me... then my Mother... She had no outlet for her tears and fears...
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful expression of love.

Kath