CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!!!!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!!!!!!!!! On completing your Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy. You are a JOY & TREASURE to all of our UBPN Family and Community of Medical Professionals. :D :D :D :D
Carolyn J 8-) :P :D
LOBPI/72
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: CONGRATULATIONS AMY!!!!!

Post by marieke »

Congrats Amy!!!! I miss you :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Thanks ladies!
Now that I am finally fone with school and dont have an OT job lined up yet I may actually have daily computer time!!! Oh how I have missed UBPN this last year of school, its great to be done.
Now on to the next chapter of my life...My husband and I are proudly expecting our first child together and our third child overall in May. I got an early Christmas present yesterday and was able to feel the baby move last night. I also finally found a doctor whom I believe will help us to have a safe delivery and it feels great!
I have missed so much and look forward to catching up and meeting some of the new families on here.
Hugs to all,
Amy 23 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

HAPPY YOU ARE BACK, AMY!!! Feeliing baby J is AWesome too. Take good care of yourself!! Traci F can vouch for that I bet!!
(((((((HUGGGGS))))))) to all 5 of you Johnsons,
Gramma Carolyn J :D
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Congratulations Amy & Brett on the new baby to be!

Amy you have truly accomplished so much over the past few years, you deserve a standing ovations!
Clap....Clap....Clap....Clap.... and you know clapping is not easy for us...LOL...

Glad to see you back.
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

lol Kath, I just saw this. Thanks so much for the standing ovation!

Baby is getting bigger all the time and life is opening up options for me so hopefully some things work out like a job! I have a second interview next week...praying that they offer me a job on Monday!
Hugs,
Amy
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

If they are smart Amy, they will offer you a job on Monday... and pay you big $$$$$$.
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

I am sooo happy and proud for you and I am saying prayers for your 2nd interview. I agree with Kath...they should hire you and pay BIG $$$$$ too! :!:
Carolyn J :mrgreen:
hope16_05

Post by hope16_05 »

I dont even need big $$$ but a pay check would be so nice! I havent had one since I had to leave my PCA job in May to complete my internships. I miss my PCA job and my pay checks. Being a house wife / stay at home mommy is just not for me...I have a whole new respect for stay at home moms. You all rock!
Amy