UBPN Board of Directors 2008/2010

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
njbirk

UBPN Board of Directors 2008/2010

Post by njbirk »

It gives me great pleasure to announce that UBPN has selected a new slate of officers for the 2008/2010 term. It has been an honor and privilege for me to serve UBPN first as a founding member and secretary for 3 years, and then, as the President for the past 6 years but I am ready to move on to other and new pursuits. I am not going away but I will no longer be in a leadership role but rather in an advisory role as the Immediate Past President.

And so, I take great delight and with a lot of respect and anticipation, I pass the gavel to Richard Looby, who will lead UBPN ably and with a fresh vision.

He will be assisted by Vice President Kim West, Treasurer Sabrina Randolph and Secretary Tanya Jennison and other members of the Board of Directors – Julia Aten, Courtney Edlinger, Christopher Janney, Karen McClune, Lisa Muscarella, Claudia Strobing, Amy Theis, and Judy Thornberry.

I would also like to take a moment to thank outgoing Immediate Past President Cathy Kanter, and Kathleen Mallozzi and John Petit, who are concluding their terms on the Board of Directors. They have all given freely of their time, finances, talent and energy to see that UBPN follows her mission. We are all most grateful to them. It was Cathy’s vision that there needed to be an organization like UBPN and she called together that first meeting in Denver in 1999. We have come a long way since then. And we have a lot more to do and accomplish to complete our mission.

Please join me in thanking ALL those who work tirelessly for UBPN, both in the past and in the future, and give them your full support in this worthy endeavor.

Nancy Birk
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: UBPN Board of Directors 2008/2010

Post by Carolyn J »

My heart is full of Graditude for each one of you RETIREES
of the Board of Directors. I know 1st hand of all of your hours of time and efforts including personal financial investment, on behalf of all of us in the UBPN Family and Network.

The words "THANK YOU" just is not enough!...but Thank You.

Hugs all around,
Carolyn J
LOBPI adult

Message was edited by: Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Mare

Post by Mare »

Having had to go this alone for a long time before finding UBPN I have to say Thank You and God Bless You All. Mare and Frankie
Mica

Post by Mica »

Thank you all for your selfless contribution to our community!!!!! :)
PRISCILLA
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Son, traumatic injured (TBPI) - November 2003. 3 surgeries to date.

Post by PRISCILLA »

Congratulations to all new BOD members !
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Thank You to all the outgoing members of the BOD. Thank You to all the continuing members of the BOD. Last, but not least, Thank You to the incoming members of the BOD. May you all go from strength to strength.

Joanie