What's up with all the weird-lettered posts???

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Mica

What's up with all the weird-lettered posts???

Post by Mica »

Does anyone know what is going on with that?
Mare

Re: What's up with all the weird-lettered posts???

Post by Mare »

I was wondering the same thing???
Mare
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

We don't know but we have been deleting them for a couple of days now. It is some kind of spam and we aren't sure how it is happening.

Until we can fix it systematically, we will just have to keep deleting them.

Sorry about the mess.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
Mica

Post by Mica »

Oh, Nancy! What a pain in the rear for you guys to have to keep deleting that stuff!!! Sorry! :(
Mare

Post by Mare »

looks like now they are popping up at obpia board its weird how do they even get the computer to type that stuff. Mare
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

this is how a different language looks if you don't have the software to handle the language...
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Pain in the butt that's what it is! I hate spammers! If you look at the posts, there is usually some real link to click on or copy paste.. don't do it, it's garbage, but they are trying to get people to go to their site.
Marieke (32, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

I was off line while I was moving and my spam folder was full of these crazy things. I am happy to see the spam software is work of me. If I let it go for a few days I can have hundreds of e-mails with all the weird letters.

Please don't hit the links... who know where you'll end up or what you may see... LOL.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

We are seeing what we can do to stop this.

We might have to set up the message boards so that all new registrations will have to be approved before posts go up. We are hoping the software will allow this.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I vote for that Nancy! These posts are annoying.
Continue your great work on these boards, we truly appreciate it!
Miss you and can't wait to see you again at Camp 2009!
Marieke (32, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com