Scooters BPI Awareness Run Feb 18th Sanford, Florida

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
John K

Scooters BPI Awareness Run Feb 18th Sanford, Florida

Post by John K »

Its been a while since I have posted here but I wanted to share info about an Awareness Run I am doing on Feb. 18th, 2012. I was in a motorcycle accident injured in August 1999. My Left arm is totally flail even after nerve transfer surgery at LSU shortly after I was injured. I own and operate a motorcycle shop in Sanford Florida that with a lot of help from my brother has survived through my injury and the crappy economy. I have a local family that their child Marcus was injured at birth. As an adult with the injury his mother leaned on me some for advice on what Marcus is going through. I want to do something to help promote awareness so others do not have to suffer the pain and other limitations that are associated with this injury. I have a website for the run http://www.sanfordthunder.com/trunevents.htm . Check it out for more details...

It is going to be an motorcycle scavenger run to promote awareness and raise funds to help Marcus with future surgeries. The website has some info about Marcus. Since the injury happens to bikers as well as newborn babies I feel it is a great avenue to spread the word.

If you are in the Central Florida area we would love your support. There will be an after party with food and music for those who do not ride. The run will conclude at the Lake Monroe Inn (Biker Bar) at 4:30 with live music, raffles and awards to be given out shortly after. The After Party will move inside the bar for food and another band. Just fair warning it is a bar so plan accordingly for children etc. There is a large outdoor area and we are hoping to get a few vendors to participate.
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Re: Scooters BPI Awareness Run Feb 18th Sanford, Florida

Post by Judy-T »

Sounds like a great event. I posted it on my facebook page. Maybe I will get over there for the event. If the family needs to talk to anyone send them my name.
Judy
nsalomonson
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My fiance was in a motorcycle accident July 4, 2011 and suffers from a brachial plexus injury of the left arm. He has not yet had any surgery but we have just recently moved from Ohio to Rochester, MN so he can be seen at the Mayo Clinic.

Re: Scooters BPI Awareness Run Feb 18th Sanford, Florida

Post by nsalomonson »

Wow this would have been so awesome to attend!! My fiance and I had been living in Orlando with our kids for the last 2 years while he was attending school at MMI. 10 days before his graduation he was in a motorcyle accident and now suffers from a brachial plexus injury. Since the accident he hasnt been able to return to work. We had to move back to Ohio due to cost of living and to be closer to family for support. Just recently we have moved out to Rochester, MN to seek care at the Mayo Clinic. No appts or surgeries yet but its been 8 months since his accident and were hoping its not too late. I love that you own your own motorcycle shop! Neal has been trying to get a job at a shop since the accident but keeps getting turned down bc of his injury. I hope the run turned out great!! If you do another next year or anytime for that matter we would love to know about it so we can make plans to fly down!

---Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/ ... 701585338/