Awareness Items for Sale

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Awareness Items for Sale

Post by Jennifer P »

Some of us were talking here http://ubpn.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34643 and thought it would be a good idea to post the form for the awareness items only available through the magazine. I've attached an image that you can download and print to mail in if you are interested in any of them (ribbon car magnet, bracelet, zipper pulls, et al.).
Attachments
The address to send the form is included on this image. Print it and send it in with your payment.
The address to send the form is included on this image. Print it and send it in with your payment.
awareness-items-for-sale.jpg (201.41 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
KimW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter has a right obstetrical injury. She is 16.
Two surgeries include nerve graft and muscle release.
A great kid that plays soccer, rides horses, plays the piano
and clarinet.

Re: Awareness Items for Sale

Post by KimW »

Just so everyone is aware, we no longer have the stuffed Puppy dogs but everything else is available and is also available on our online store here: http://ubpn.org/index.php?option=com_ro ... &Itemid=84
Kim West
"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." Lady Bird Johnson
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Oh! I didn't know this stuff was actually available online. The links aren't very clear on the menu because there is a sub-menu for amazon/cafepress under it.

Considering that, we can delete this topic if you want!
marieke
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I got the last puppy at Camp :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i got one too :) its on my bed!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Some of the pups lived at my house for awhile...LOL...
My grand-kids all have one we bought... :lol:

I wear my pewter pin all year round on my right side. I bought one for all of my kids and they all have the car magnets on their cars.
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I wear My Pewter pin every Day to on my left side over my heart. :mrgreen:
Carolyn J
LOBPI/72