Awareness Week 2010

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
nkjacoby
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Nicholas is 11 years old and his birth was complicated by a severe shoulder dystocia resulting in a severe LOBPI. He has had 5 surgeries to date with very little improvement. His left arm has never fully gained any functional use and has been completely flaccid until his last surgery. It now sits at a more natural position, but he is still unable to use his arm. However, his hand function was never limited until after his most recent surgery and is now completely limited due to an ulnar nerve entrapment. He is getting ready to have his 6th surgery in April to free the ulnar nerve from his last surgery. He is an amazing young man who never gives up on his dreams. He is my HERO!!!

Awareness Week 2010

Post by nkjacoby »

I am really using my facebook page to mention a fact about BPI every day this week. I am even going to use the car window markers to write messages about BPI.
Mom to Nicholas 11 LOBPI, Dawson 7, and Kalyssa 5
m kreitzer m.d.
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: no injury-i am helping to organize a conference on obstetric BPI in new jersey, probably in may,2011, and wish to contact UBPN in the neighboring NJ,NY,PA area to invite them to the event and/or to dicuss subject matter that would be considered helpful to families with an injured child--thanx-mk

Re: Awareness Week 2010

Post by m kreitzer m.d. »

i am helping to plan a seminar on OBPI at one of mew jersey's premier hospitals in may,2011. we plan to invite UBPN families in the ny,pa,nj area to attend, but i have been unable to reach the UBPN board or anyone from the NJ chapter. would you please have someone contact me.. thanx -- m kreitzer--mkxstork@gmail.com
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Re: Awareness Week 2010

Post by Tanya in NY »

I've spoken with Dr. Kreitzer via phone. Look for upcoming information as he shares it with UBPN.

Tanya
UBPN Board of Directors
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old