Who is the Swede?

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
Swedeingo
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Lost all explanation purposes in the left arm after a snowmobile accident 2012-02-02 where I got a very extensive nerve damage in the plexus.

Who is the Swede?

Post by Swedeingo »

Hi Swedeingo coming from Sweden ;-) I hade an accident in the February of 2013 with my snowmobile there I lost all functions in left arm. They did operate four nerve In my chest, three to biceps and one to my shoulder. It seems to starting to work little bit in the biceps but it going wery slow... I damaged hole of my upper body in the accident and I'm still in a lot of pain.

My interest are still snowmobiling in the winter months, I hunting whit my dogs a lot, I also fishing sometimes and now i searching for solutions to get a normal life. I was really happy when I found this great forum and hope for lot of tip :-) I'll excuse my bad English :-)
Swedeingo
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Lost all explanation purposes in the left arm after a snowmobile accident 2012-02-02 where I got a very extensive nerve damage in the plexus.

Re: Who is the Swede?

Post by Swedeingo »

I forgot some of the details ;-) I'm 35 years and living with my son and his mother, we living in the north of Sweden :-)
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Who is the Swede?

Post by Carolyn J »

WELCOME!

You'd be greatly helped from going to the "Board index ‹ Traumatic Brachial Plexus Injuries ‹ Newly Injured TBPI" Forum.

Come often, we all learn from each other.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/76 yrs. old 8-)