Splints?

Adaptations, Hobbies, Athletics, Sports, Music, Arts, etc
gs3691
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Birth, klumpkes, 1973,just diagnosed. No surgical intervention, left arm

Splints?

Post by gs3691 »

I am fairly new to this site, and have been diagnosed (after many years of searching) with obstetrical Klumpke's. I love to play the piano, and I tried the stand-up bass, but my palm is stuck in a face down position. If I grab the neck of the bass, I can turn slightly, but it is very painful. Does anyone know if there's some kind of splint or have any idea that would help place my arm in the correct position? Even if I can only play a few minutes at a time, it's still a victory!!!
Dan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Injured 5/11/86, had just turned 18 yrs old
Evulsed C5-T1
Intercostal into Bicep 10/86

Re: Splints?

Post by Dan »

Haven't heard of that yet, but when you figure it out:) Make sure to post about it:)

Good luck,
Dan
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Re: Splints?

Post by Tanya in NY »

I'm not sure if it would be helpful, but what about a McKie splint I believe it is called. It's for supination. Just a thought.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 14 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old