Dr. Nath

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
brachialplexushurts
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 23 LOBPI

Dr. Nath

Post by brachialplexushurts »

I would really appreciate any information regarding Dr. Nath, good or bad. I just saw him for the first time and he recommended three surgeries for me. It's the first ounce of hope I've ever gotten in my life regarding my obpi. I'm especially interested in hearing from adults with obpi who had their first surgery as an adult. Any information about Dr. Nath would be extremely helpful to me. I want to be as informed as possible before having three surgeries. Before and after photos would be great too. I've tried searching his name within the forum but I'm not getting much information that way so I thought I'd create my own post.
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Re: Dr. Nath

Post by jmar »

wow that was hard to get to. go to active topics then at bottom there is a dropdown box that needs to be changed to one year. then press go.then go back to advanced search and type in nath in search box it will pop up with a lot of posts about dr nath.
mebeid1984
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Male with ROBPI.

Post by mebeid1984 »

I decided to get a second opinion. i went to see Dr. Arturo Armenta from the Texas Brachial Plexus Institute. i recommend you go see him and see what he would say.
brachialplexushurts

What happened when you got the second opinion?w
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I recommend doing Private messages on this topic. Private Messages are accessed on your "User Control Panel" at the top of every page you are on, Like "Jmar" said, there is alot of posts in the archives and she told you how to access them.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/76
brachialplexushurts

Still would love to hear from anyone who has had surgery with Dr. Nath... Or any adult who has had their first surgery as an adult with obpi. I just want to know what I can expect after surgery, if you gained ROM, what was scarring like, etc.
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

Were you able to find info on dr nath?
brachialplexushurts

Jmar, I did what you said which was a great way to search so thank you for that. However, I was unable to find a thread where an adult with obpi had surgery with him.
jmar

Post by jmar »

I think he might be mainly a childrens dr.
brachialplexushurts

Just wanted to give an update.. I had the modquad surgery and I'm seeing promising results! If anyone wants more info just ask. I would be happy to answer any questions