n/a

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
djspringfield52
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: later

n/a

Post by djspringfield52 »

n/a
Last edited by djspringfield52 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Re: Dealing with new onset numbess

Post by Jennifer P »

What is your range of motion on your affected side? How often do you use your affected side in daily activity? It sounds as if you possibly haven't been using it as much and those areas are becoming stiff and thus numb? I suggest regular stretching. If this happened to me, I would definitely get the recent numbness checked out by a doctor.
djspringfield52

delete

delete
Last edited by djspringfield52 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ASC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI

Post by ASC »

Hi DJSpringfield52

I agree with Jennifer P. on this issue. Moreover, finding an O.T. and P.T. for exercises may help with the apathy. Stay positive with your BPI. Use the forums! There are a lot of people with BPI, Erb's Palsy, TBPI, OBPI, and other conditions. We use our experiences and past therapies to share with people...to ease one's anxiety. Stay with UBPN and share your viewpoints of BPI. Keep Smiling!

Tony/ASC
ROBPI/Adult
"Just One More Step"
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I have found relief doing streching in a warm water pool and a hot tub.Always warm water!I have not had surgeries or PT for my OBPI, but I did cheat when I broke my leg and asked the PT for suggestions that i could do. Water excercize was the best ever when i had energy to do it.(I've been ill alot, so walking with my dog,Lucy is all i can handle now.)
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75+++++ ;)
djspringfield52

deetee

deletee