New England Brachial Plexus Family DAy

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

New England Brachial Plexus Family DAy

Post by richinma2005 »

New England Brachial Plexus Group Family Day will be on Saturday, March 8th at the Science Museum in Boston from 9 to noon. The special guest is Peter Waters, M.D. of the Boston Children's Hospital. Dr. Waters will speak and with his team will be present to answer questions. There will be games and activities for the children. Breakfast will be provided. After the family gathering families will be allowed admission to the Science Museum for free for the afternoon. There is no cost to attend.

Come and meet other families and children dealing with brachial plexus injuries and enjoy a fun day. We hope to see you there!!!!

rsvp to nebpigroup@gmail.com
ASC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI

Re: New England Brachial Plexus Family DAy

Post by ASC »

Hi!

Does anyone have a contact person for this organization?

Thanks!

Tony/ASC
ROBPI/Adult
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: New England Brachial Plexus Family DAy

Post by Carolyn J »

Tony,
email rich@ubpn.org
I forgot you are in Maine too...lol

Hugs,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/75++++