Athletic Republic Awareness Run-MN

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
prestonsmama

Athletic Republic Awareness Run-MN

Post by prestonsmama »

Hi everyone!
Just thought I'd let you know that there is an annual 5K/Half Marathon in Fergus Falls, MN this summer. It's on Saturday, June 1st 2013. Money raised from the walk/run goes to our new local cancer center, but this year they decided to make it an Awareness Run. They asked community members to come up with a cause that's something different and not well known. So amongst other groups also chosen, we have a Brachial Plexus Injury group. I am so excited! I want this to be the best, biggest and most prominent group out there!
If anyone has ideas they'd like to share, you can email me at carlyraes@hotmail.com
Or...if anyone wants to make a trip to beautiful Fergus Falls, MN, we'd love to have you join us for the run!
~Carly
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Athletic Republic Awareness Run-MN

Post by Carolyn J »

Great news, Carly! WAY TO GO for AWARENESS! :) I hope it is well attended. Please repeat this post in 1st of May.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/74+++ sometimes Bossy 8-)
ASC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI

Re: Athletic Republic Awareness Run-MN

Post by ASC »

Great News! I'm not much of a runner. However, everyone whom runs, enjoy your day. BPI still needs more awareness!

Tony/ASC
ROBPI/Adult

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue May 13, 2014 9:44 pm.