British Columbia Families? Get together?

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
kim lane
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter, Dani has ROBPI. She was born in 1997, and suffered 2 avulsed nerves and stretching to another as a result of her birth injury. Dani has had 2 surgeries, both under 5 yrs of age. Sural nerve graft, and a humeral osteotomy, latissimus and pectoral muscle involvement as well.

Dani is an avid Western equestrian, and owns her own horse, Zoey.

British Columbia Families? Get together?

Post by kim lane »

Hi all!

It's been a long time for me to be on the boards. Once upon a time, when Dani was a baby, there was no support to be found in Western Canada. I organized a support group, and was actively doing outreach work when requested to help new familes. (West Coast Erb's Palsy Support Group). After some trainwreck personal events, I had to fold the group, and look after my and Dani's needs only.

My child is 15 yrs old now, and I took time off so I could take a breather.
What I am wondering is, are there any families in BC, the lower mainland that would be interested in getting together sometime?

I did set up two picnics in the past when my support group was active, and Dani was little. Both had a really good turn out. I have felt bad for slipping away, and haven't been in touch with those families since.
I am not wanting to, nor have time to facilitate another group, but it might be nice to network with local families.

If you're interested, post a message :) Hopefully all ages baby-teen-adult.

I am in the Langley, BC area.

What about you?

Cheers,
Kim