Depostion Questions....

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Depostion Questions....

Post by Tuckersmommy »

AnyOne have to do a deposition for the Other side??? What's it like????? I am nervous beyond words :roll: Any tips??? Any expierances you care to share,anything will help
Life is a dance~We will all learn it as we go
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Depostion Questions....

Post by Carolyn J »

Bumping up...anyone?
Carolyn J
LOBPI/74
Tuckersmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son was born At Parrish Medical Center in Titusville,Fla.After becoming stuck in the birth canal A doctor(any doctor)was paged 911.Believe it or not There was NO Obgyn on staff to preform a delivery,so a midwife and one other nurse had to deliver my son.He suffered 2 torn nerves and came out lifeless...
We see Dr.Grossman In Miami along with Dr.Price.He has had a nerve transfer in 2010,A round of botox and a recasting in 2011 and now we will having another round of botox in which we pray no cast will be needed.He is a smart handsome little boy who has come so far and everyday I feel he's improving!

Post by Tuckersmommy »

??????
Life is a dance~We will all learn it as we go
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

I had a Discrimination case years ago :shock: I had to do a deposition for that and the case end in a gag order on me.
Deposition do make us nervous,
That why I had a lawyer to help me prepare for the deposition, The lawyer needs to pa-pare you for this ;) Your paying him ;) get your moneys worth , you should not end up with being nervous about nothing in your case ask questions and your concerns any and all thing you dont really understand, its to important not to, I think :roll:
To me BUGING a doctor or a lawyer to help you understand is SOOOO important otherwise you end up nervous and play mine games of WHAT ifs :shock: ;) :D
Hope this helps?? :roll:
Tom
anotherbpimom...

Post by anotherbpimom... »

Give the shortest, most direct and concise answer as possible. And DON'T let them intimidate you! They either want you to feel terrible and squirm or will try the other extreme and act like they're your friend and really care to extort more information and lower your guard. If you have doubts, speak with your attorney before you answer a question. And if you need a break for a snack or bathroom break or whatever, then ask for it.

And, you can ask your attorney to spend time with you to prepare you for it. -Hopefully they will.

Good luck and God bless you.
And... Remember all the attorney jokes?? Well, it's for a good reason!!
Ken. Levine

Post by Ken. Levine »

Tuckersmommy,

the deposition is simply an opportunity for the other side to ask you some questions. It is not a trial. No matter what happens, you will not ruin your case. It is most important to answer what you know and and not guess. Do not feel pressured to give a certain answer. If you do not recall or do not know say that. You will probably nor remember exact dates and times. Don't worry. Just do your best to give approximate dates and times. Again, it is better to give an approximate date or time than to guess and be wrong.

Listen to the questions. Don't rush you answers. Take you time. Don't guess.

When it comes to the injury, make sure to say how the injury has impacted your child and your family. Do not hold back. This is your chance to tell the other side what damage was done by the doctor's mistakes.

Mostly, remember you are doing the most noble act you can, fighting for your child. Go in there, hold your head high, be respectful but overly so and tell the truth. You will do fine.

Ken Levine
Klevine@Klevinelaw.com
http://www.Klevinelaw.com
617-566-2700