UPBN gets mention in news story (reader comments anyway)

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
mbeirne

UPBN gets mention in news story (reader comments anyway)

Post by mbeirne »

The following link is a story in the Oct. 22 Chicago Tribune about a Chicago couple winning their malpractice lawsuit for injuries their son sustained during delivery. UBPN.com is mentioned in the reader feedback.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010 ... ivery.html
marleneross
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Lindsey - ROBPI - 12/15/2009

Re: UPBN gets mention in news story (reader comments anyway)

Post by marleneross »

I could not keep reading after the first few comments, it just makes me sick how ignorant some people could be. Second I don't understand why politics had to be brought into the comments.
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Post by bfaithda »

I have to agree! I was really PO after reading the first few comments my self!
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i made my own comment... :) hope it gets posted. those people are ignorant, but its awesome that they won their case!!
~Mel/23/LOBPI