FIRST EVER 5K SARATOGA, NY

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
karan71

FIRST EVER 5K SARATOGA, NY

Post by karan71 »

Save the date!!!!! As hopefully, many of you all know..I have organized the FIRST EVER 5K walk/run -a-thon for the UBPN here in Saratoga, NY. The event will take place in the Saratoga state park. Registration forms are avail online. Please gather up friends/family/therapists/neighbors and come join us in making history for the UBPN!!!!!! My goal is huge!!!!! Help me achieve it for the kids and adults who suffer from BPI's!!!!!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: FIRST EVER 5K SARATOGA, NY

Post by Carolyn J »

COME ON New York !!! I do hope to read a BIG TURNOUT. 8-)
Hugs all around,
Gramma Carolyn J...[bossy sometimes] ;)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
marleneross
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Lindsey - ROBPI - 12/15/2009

Post by marleneross »

Karen-

I had a few people ask me at work if they could make a donate. Should I just bring all donatinons to the Walk?

Should check be made out to UBPN?

Marlene
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Since proceeds are going to benefit UBPN, making a check out to them would be appropriate I would surmise.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 7 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
karan71

Post by karan71 »

Hello....Thats awesome!!!!! You can bring all the donations the day of the event. Thats fine. I can't wait to see our GRAND total!!!!! I am aiming for $10,000!! Next year though, I want to triple that number...I have a saying that I live by Go big or Go home!!!!!!!!!! :)