'How do I get the 411 on others that are posting?'

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

'How do I get the 411 on others that are posting?'

Post by swhite1 »

Well folks the time has come for me to leave. It's been a helluva ride but I need a new outlet.
I have asked time and again since the revamping of this site, 'How do I get the 411 on others that are posting?' I cant even see mine when I am in 'topic'. I've asked how?, why? and how to? and it just doesn't seem important enough anymore. I loved this site. Without it I know, without a doubt, that I would be far worse off without it. I have loved and learned. I hope I have been as entertaining as I've tried to be. I've always tried to make light because this is a very dark and lonely injury.
I am not healed as much as I wish I were. I have begun leaving my arm 'out' around the house until the shoulder pain overcomes me. Then I only have to deal with the burning hand. I take a pill or 8 and wait for it's effect.
I'll leave y'all with this, how do I find a contributers personal contact info? I click on everything in and around their name in post and all I get back are big, labled rectangles with nothing in them?
bd bd bd that's all folks.
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Re: 'How do I get the 411 on others that are posting?'

Post by karategirl1kyu »

if you click on people, and all you get is a rectangle, its just because they havent updated their profile. to update your profile, click the "user control panel" button (under the board index button ^^) and then click the "profile" tab and enter the info that you want to. there is also a PM (private message) button on the left of all posts where you can message other users (you click on the little square under the persons name that you want to send messages to) your inbox count is located right next to the user control panel. this is what i have figured out so far, mind you, this site is a bit more complicated than the other one was...

i wish you luck and hope you dont really leave :)
~Mel/23/LOBPI
s8n

Post by s8n »

you can't go i have a hard enough time tryin to track you down. you hardly talk to me anymore? and you have my contact info...hmmmm gonna go and leave me to deal with this crap on my own?? well ok dude whatever. lol you know you can contact me anytime ya want.
Daniel :|
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

A strange post to say the least. Anyhow, just click on their picture (avatar) or username to the right of their post or reply and their profile should come up. That is providing they've entered anything yet. When looking at their profile, their is a button to send them a private message. People just have to get used to the new site and know or see that they have a private message. I'm very used to this site as it appears to used the same software as a coulple of other forums I visit for different stuff. I have it set up to send me an email if I get a PM too.
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

Post by swhite1 »

Okay. Thank you for that Mel? Obviously I havn't not resigned to total abandon...yet.
Now then, say I wish to view all of your posts, or, or even see if you have your personal or business email address attached or associated with your name. Where is that? And spell check. Where is that? Do I have an old rough draft copy or is this all really that difficult? or not even there or what?
*************************************************************************************

Okay da****,- robertracer i just did exacly what you suggested, exactly. and you know what i got...exactly what i've been saying i get. nothing. do you have any 411 attached to your aitar? 'cause i'm not seeing it. i wish you and everybody else could see what i'm telling you that i'm NOT seeing.

and daniel, bud, i wouldn't leave you in a lurch. i remember when you 1st came on. you are as funny about all this bs now as you were then. leave no one behind is what i always say. yup, push 'em out front so they get hit 1st....
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

If you are getting big empty boxes it may be a problem on your end. Sorry, I don't know how to fix it. But when I click on someone's name or avatar there is first a box with what ever info they have chosen to fill in. Like mine has very little, your has some, Carolyn's has lots, lol. At the lower left there is a box that says "contact info" most that I checked out just now had a PM
where u can message them. Some had a web-site, didn't see any e-mails on the ones I looked at. On the right lower there is a box that had search all messages or something. This listed the # of total posts a person had and clicking on that would bring up their posts. As far as spell check, haven't found it. Search from the main page doesn't seem to work, but search withing the forum seems to work. So, I haven't been able to do a "search all" since it has changed. I have also had frustration with the new set up. Lots more clicking and in the beginning several functions didn't seem to work for me. Thus I had quit coming around for some time. Now I only check occasionally, not near as regular as on the previous site.
Sue
s8n

Post by s8n »

when you gonna give in an come be free in the skies till someone shoots you down to oblivion? and remember there were no parachutes in 1916.....bwahahahahaha
still keepin your plane seat warm over in rise of flight
hope your well brother,
daniel :evil: "s8n" :twisted:
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

The reason there isn't a lotta 411 on me on my profile is I just choose not to have that much on there. You can PM me with the little button and I'd get the PM on here and the website also sends me an email so that I know I just got a new PM. I guess I don't really understand exactly what you are looking for if my reply didn't answer it. My bad.

This is what I see when I click on yours:

Username:swhite1
National Flag:
Occupation:patient email proof reader general furniture holding down kinda guyInterests:Dreams Getting Ruca (our puppy) to jump extreme heights and to use the bathroom... Clipper ships
Groups:Registered users
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc:Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI
Add friend Add foeContact swhite1
PM:Send private message
User statistics
Joined:Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:15 pmLast visited:Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:51 pmTotal posts:293 | Search user’s posts
(0.25% of all posts / 0.22 posts per day)

Here"s what you should see on mine:

Viewing profile - RobertRacer
Username:RobertRacer
National Flag:
Groups:Registered users
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc:9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision
Contact RobertRacer
PM:Send private message
User statistics
Joined:Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:54 pmLast visited:Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:17 pmTotal posts:127 | Search user’s posts
(0.11% of all posts / 0.21 posts per day) Signature
Robert - LTBPI/33/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Also consider that we can get on the live chat Weds nights with Mel, Jen and whomever else and talk in real time. Or 2 or 3 of us can get on there whenever and just talk about whatever as opposed to us leaving messages and waiting two or three days for a reply.