Can RTA be related to BPN?

Articles & Publications on BPI related sciences
linsky

Can RTA be related to BPN?

Post by linsky »

I was rear ended in June 2007 at approx 25-30mph. Within one week of the accident, I was having terrible neck spasms that were dragging me to the floor and were extremely painful. In September 2007, I had 'Total Body Paralysis' and 'No Response to Painful Stimulation' (single quotes written by treating physician). The paralyisis lasted approx 4 hours, then gradually subsided.
The neck spasms continued and then I had another symptom appear, my head was locked backwards, sometimes for hours at a time (longest 3.5hrs) I thought that I could have had Dystonia, but this was ruled out by a Neurologist. Eventually he and his colleaguies told me that my problems were 'Psychogenic'. In no way did I believe that this was possible, but in order to show that I am willing to discuss the situation, I have an appointment with an MDT team at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London on 25th March 2010 with a view to see if I am a candidate for their 'psych' program. In reality, I know this condition is purely 'physical, but apparrently they have a ward and doc's nurses etc to run the ward, so they have to patients there otherwise the ward would close. The sad thing is, is that if you are in the unfortunate situation of a doc not being able to make a correct diagnosis the first time, anyone else who sees you tends to simply 'copy and paste' the first doc's decision. Very frustrating indeed!
However, whilst awaiting this appointment, my little and ring fingers of my left hand have become numb, this has been for the last 4 weeks, I am now wondering if my condition could be linked to the Ulnar nerve T1 - C8.
I would be most grateful if anyone has any experience of these type of symptoms. (Not that Doctors here in the UK will listen to me, as they seem to think that they are gods' and cannot be wrong in their diagnoses, but with the latest symptom arising regarding my two fingers, maybe they will change their minds. I have had an MRI which proved Negative. I have not had an EMG as yet.
Kind Regards

Linsky