UBPN Chatroom

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

UBPN Chatroom

Post by Jennifer P »

Discuss what chat time works for you, and subscribe to this thread to be notified of current chat sessions.

UPCOMING CHATS
TBD

Here is an easy time zone converter.

Make sure you set your status to "Available" so others can see you online

Last edited by Jennifer P on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: UBPN Chatroom

Post by Carolyn J »

Yes, I'd like a set time...Tuesday is fine for me. Thanks Jennifer.
Carolyn J :mrgreen:
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

I think it'll be too hard to try to plan each time zone together. PST folks would end up having to get on really early and EST folks would end up getting on really late.

How about Tuesday's starting at 7pm in your respective time zone?
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i could do a weds or thurs (those are my only normal nights off) so if anyone wants to meet up those nights im down!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

Tuesdays @ 7PM PDT is good for me...but 10PM in the East...is that too late for you Kath?? , and Moms with babies?

"Karate Girl" could you lead a 2nd chat room on another night for those not able to make it on Tuesdays? that gives 2 choices for everyone.
HUgs,
Carolyn J / 71
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

I think having one day would be better than two days per week, and I don't mind changing to Wednesdays (Thursdays are out as that's my board game night :D )

When I said 7pm I mean it as respective of time zone, so 7pm EST, 7pm CST...etc...I figure there would probably be run over for each time zone. It's too complicated to plan for all 4 zones. Maybe we just say Wednesday evenings in general -- whatever time you sign on.
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Mel...I'm sorry I blanked out on your name yesterday's post.

Jennifer,Wednesdays is good for me, anyday really, at 4PM PDT... now that i understand time zones better.. LOL. THanks for clarifying for me.
HUGS & have a great day Y'all :mrgreen:
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Great, Wednesday's it is! 4pm PDT is too early as I am usually at work, but I think if we just go with Wednesdays in general, everyone just signing on in the evenings when they find time, we will eventually get a groove going for whatever time feels right for everyone.

That is, unless there are more suggestions :)
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

yay!! that sounds very cool! and you're allowed to forget my name :lol: ... see ya wednesday on the chat!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Sweet! :ugeek: