UBPN Chatroom

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Re: UBPN Chatroom

Post by Jennifer P »

Chat night tonight! Sorry I'm late everybody, was washing the car (rarely have the opportunity to find the street spot right out front free) and totally spaced it. Hope to see some of you on tonight!
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Note that the chat times have been updated! Instead of one hour it now lasts two. We are going to start one hour earlier to make it a little easier on some of the East coast chatters. Times are as follows:

Wednesdays
5-7pm PST
6-8pm MST
7-9pm CST
8-10pm EST

Feel free to pop on whenever you want within those two hours. You do not have to sign on from the start.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Thanks Jennifer. I have a BIG note to remind me tomorrow night...lol
Carolyn J
LOBPI/72
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Get chatroom reminders via Facebook here:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=162317460465112

The event is public but the guest list is private.
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

*bump for any newcomers*
bfaithda
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My name is Bridget, my son Brayden has a LOBPI. He was born 5-14-07 and weighted 11lbs 3ozs and was 22inches long and got stuck on my pelvis coming out. All 5 nerves were involved 2 ruptured and 3 avulsed, and also had Horner's Syndrome. He had primary surgery in St. Louis with Dr. Parks when he was 3 months old. He used synthetic materials to fuse the nerves together, because the nerves in his calves were not long enough. Brayden currently does aqua therapy, PT, OT and speech therapy. He has little movement in his arm and hand, but that does not stop him from having fun and being a normal boy!!!

Post by bfaithda »

One of these days I am going to remember in time to actually get on and chat again! By the time I et down at night it is to late!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Some days we go late...I take my kids to church on Wednesdays and we dont get home until 7:45 or 8 then its getting ready for bed and putting them to bed so its often 9 pm CST before I even get to sign in. There are usually a couple people to chat with left at that time so pop in if you get a chance.
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Jennifer P wrote:EDIT: Finalized chatroom timings are as follows:

Wednesdays
5-7pm PST
6-8pm MST
7-9pm CST
8-10pm EST

Feel free to pop on whenever you want within those two hours. You do not have to sign on from the start.

Hey all, anyone want to revive chat night? We all kinda got burnt out of coming every single week in a row. I'll be there this Wednesday. Hope to see some new and old faces (or should that be usernames?)

p.s. for anyone who doesn't know, here is the link to the chat:
http://ubpn.org/index.php?option=com_aj ... Itemid=121
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Yes, I'd like to start CHATS. That above schedule is convienent.
HUGGZ
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

It's chat night *bump*