UBPN Chatroom

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Re: UBPN Chatroom

Post by Jennifer P »

Oh no, sorry everyone that I missed the chat. We recently adopted a dog and I've been going to the dog park in the evenings. I realize now that it collides with the chat time, so I'll have to go earlier next Wednesday so I can be back for the chat!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Jennifer, I asked some questions about the Chat room. in the Chat room just now....you can email or message me here on upbn if you want whichecer is easier...
HUGS,
Carolyn J :mrgreen: 8-)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i enjoyed the lively discussion last night, but missed you jen!!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

I'll be on the chatroom tonight!
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

*bump* for any newbies who haven't seen this thread yet.
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

i think they should just shut down the chat room. no one is ever in there. i check in there several times a day and about once a week someone has been in there and has been timed out.
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Jmar, we host weekly chats on Wednesday nights. Other than that there is likely to be no one on the chat. I'm sorry if you feel like no one is every online; we all try to show up on Wednesday but sometimes we get busy and are not able to make it. Personally, I've been preparing for UBPN Camp which is this weekend.

Log on next weeknight on Wednesday (Oct. 13), I'm sure I'll be on then! And check the very first posting of this thread for exact timings for your timezone.
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

ill try to be there too!! I'll be a little late, but ill be there (i have to work this week becasue i took different days off so i COULD attend camp :D :mrgreen: :D
~Mel/23/LOBPI
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

i say that because even on wednesday nights there is sometimes no one there either. i was there this past wednesday and no one else was there. there have been a couple of other times on wednesday that no one was there. one time there was someone there but did not stay but a few minutes.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Jmar, once everyone gets back home after CAMP which ends on monday the 11th, we all are oing to make extra effort to show up especially to hear all about the wonderful connections made at camp!!. :mrgreen:

Let's all try to kick the chatroom into a "high gear" starting this wednesday the 13th!!

Carolyn J :D 8-) :mrgreen:
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI