Dont forget about the chat room !

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
PRISCILLA
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Son, traumatic injured (TBPI) - November 2003. 3 surgeries to date.

Dont forget about the chat room !

Post by PRISCILLA »

The UBPN chat room is open all the time. On the home page under the tab marked FORUM is where to click for chat.
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Re: Dont forget about the chat room !

Post by RobertRacer »

I just realized that existed. I wonder how we can get 4 or 5 people online at the same time to actually use it?
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

post times you are available and see if others are, then post a reminder on that days(s).
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

I'm pretty much available all the time. I just sign on and hope somebody is on chat.
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

I haven't been on in months, but see that this is a cool feature of the new layout. So how about we just pick a time, like I'll say i'll be here tomorrow starting at 5am central time. I will stay logged in for a while and see what happens. If any one reads this it would be great to talk to you there. Otherwise I will also log in at 7 pm. So that would be 4/28 at 5 am and 7 pm, hope to catch u then.
Sue
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

ill be there at 7pm EST
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I'm Going to remember to log on tonight!!!!.. :mrgreen:
..nice to "hear " from you SUE!!!! :)
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

Hey Carolyn, we missed you.