Live Chat

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Live Chat

Post by RobertRacer »

Didn't know if this was possible or not, but is there a way through the new boards or whatnot, that members could do a live group chat? Often times when you make a post, it can sometimes take several days for a reply. If people knew that others were sitting there too with immediate responses then maybe we could get more people online at one time. Thoughts?
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Live Chat

Post by richinma2005 »

I'm looking into this!

rich
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.

Live Chat available under Forums, same sign in!

Post by richinma2005 »

Kim got it up and running, look under forums, use your UBPN log in
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

Thanks for making this happen. Now just have to get some other users online at the same time to talk.
richinma2005

Post by richinma2005 »

They are shooting for 9pm, but I think the BOD will try and organize some other chat opportiunities. If we could get some "experts " on, is there anyone you would like to have on here?
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

No one special that I can think of. I wouldnt mind having the opportunity to speak for free with some of the experts from Mayo. For now, I wouldnt mind having a group of 10 of us on talking. You signed in for a moment earlier and there were 3 of us on and we had a 3 hour chat which was really cool.
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

hehe.. yeah I ended up doing nothing else with my day. It was a GREAT lazy Sunday. I had fun chatting with you :)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
AngelaW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: X

Post by AngelaW »

wow, I'm kinda slow on the draw here, but was that the chat I had with you two? That was fun. :)
I usually can never catch anyone on this chat.
singmely

Post by singmely »

HEY, IT'S INTERESTING. ;)
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

just a suggestion:
if there was enough people interested in the chat room then we could have different people to take to commit to one hour in the chat room. every hour there is a different person in there. and everone would feel like they can go in any time and some one would be there. i can take a few hours each week. any one else interested?