Athletic trainer

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
cdmurfee

Athletic trainer

Post by cdmurfee »

I work at disneyland on occasion, and yesterday, i decided to go into the athletic trainers office that they had down the hallway to get a free massage(which was awesome!). I asked the athletic trainer if he knew anything about erb's palsy, and to my surprise he did! It was a totally cool experience, and he seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say about it, and he said that he'd start looking into it in more depth to see if he could help me figure out exercises to aid strength, range of motion, and latent tension. He also said to just come in anytime I'm working and he'd be more than happy to help out. Total surprise on my part. The best part is it all free of charge.

Chris 24/LOBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Athletic trainer

Post by Carolyn J »

KEEP it up Chris a massage is the best for our adult pain isues...& it's free!! How lucky you are to get someone who knows about BPI'S.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/70
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Athletic trainer

Post by hope16_05 »

Chris,
you are a lucky guy! I wish I had a job that gave me massages. I am not lucky in the job department but if I make dinner for my boyfriend hes pretty good about massages. Well actually most of the time he just does it because he knows I am hurting or I wouldnt ask him, so I am pretty lucky there!

Take advantage of what is offered to you and keep spreading the word!
Amy 22 ROBPI frpm MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN