Involving my college

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Involving my college

Post by hope16_05 »

For awareness I am going to involve my college and attempt to get my OT class to help me spread the word by setting up a fundraising event where other students can learn about what its like to live a day in my life.

I would also like to organize a walk like Tanya is doing. Even if its just my close friends and I, its better than nothing but I am going to try and involve my college community as well as my home town community)

As Awareness committee chair, I will be working on making a brochure for awareness that we can have as a pdf on UBPN.

If anyone is willing to donate their time on a regular basis and would be interested in being part of an awareness committee, please send me an email at amy@ubpn.org
If you can not donate time on a regular basis but would like to share ideas for awareness please feel free to post them in this message board and/or email me.
Lets spread awareness and stop this injury!!!

Amy (Awareness committee chair UBPN board)
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN