Photos (Finally!)

Discuss Camp UBPN
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Photos (Finally!)

Post by hope16_05 »

Awesome pictures Ryan!!! Thanks so much for sharing them!
Hugs,
Amy 20 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Super pictures Ryan, thanks so much.

Hope you start to feel better like fast.

Love and hugs,

Mom
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Thanks a Bunch, Ryan. Great Pictures!! I'll be emailing you.
Scott and I both hope you feel better soon.

HUGS,
Carolyn and Scott J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Ryan
Thanks for the photos and letting us all ride on the Segway.
I hope your feeling better soon.
Hugs
Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

I feel your pain, Ry. I'm still sick too :o(

You took some really great pics! Thanks for putting them up. Can you remove that side view pic of me???
ipeverywhere

Post by ipeverywhere »

I could probably charge people for removing photos and make some money.

Can't wait till next camp!
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Thanks. Great photos, Ryan. Seems like quite a few of us have been sick. I caught my cold from my husband.

Joanie
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Ryan,

Great photos! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. It sure puts a smile on my face when I see all of these. I love how secure and at home everyone felt.

Take care of yourself.

*HUGS*
Rachel C.
ipeverywhere

Photos (Finally!)

Post by ipeverywhere »

http://nomadicryan.smugmug.com/gallery/3483290

Hi All!
I intended to get these up last weekend but I’ve been sick for 2 weeks now. Not fun but getting a little better every day.

There are 193 photos uploaded. They are ordered by date taken so you’ll find two groups of go-karts and two groups of zip-line.

You can order prints right from the website using Smugmug prices. If you want the digital original please e-mail me and I’ll send it to you. Just note the filename in your e-mail.

If I didn’t get your photo this year it just means you are required to attend in 2009. See you all in Florida!

Hope you enjoy! Feel free to leave comments on the photos too.

http://nomadicryan.smugmug.com/gallery/3483290

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 pm.