Sling

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
spinkydee

Re: Sling

Post by spinkydee »

Yes Wazza...I meant you. Both look good but my son has significant subluxation. I think this may contribute to his pain as he doesn't start hurting until he stands up in the morning. I think gravity irritates the avulsed nerve endings...
wazza

Post by wazza »

Hi again,

I just got off the phone to the person who got this for me. He said a small medical type company makes them and they don't sell to general public. He did say it shouldn't be that hard to get a sling like that, you need to see an orthotist and he made it sound that it is like a normal kind of thing to get. If you need any more info or want photos taken of the sling by itself in case it's needed, let me know as I am happy to help in anyway I can. He really did make it sound like it shouldn't be too hard to get, just see an orthotist.

Hope that helps :)
spinkydee

Post by spinkydee »

Thank you!
wazza

Post by wazza »

My pleasure :)

Last week was busy, some (crap) plastic surgeons wanted me for practice I think as I was shuffled into some new Nerve Conduction Studies, X-rays and I saw my regular doctor who performed the surgery on me in Aug, he is a Neurosurgeon who specializes in BPI and told me they had no idea on how to handle injuries like this. I've been told to sit tight and see how the recovery goes from the Aug surgery. The NCS results are positive where some muscle/nerves seem to be showing positive results where they were zero since the accident (supraspinatus muscle). Now booked in for March tests to see how I go then, until then lots of nursing and keeping range of movement as my arm has full passive movement which I don't want to lose naturally.

So last week I had no less than 5 consulations/tests to go to, heavy week!

I hope you find the sling you are after to help your son, I certainly find I can manage walking day to day things without the pain that used to happen before this sling.

Phew, long post! Now I'm off to the dentist, nothing drastic tho :) Routine yearly cleaning!

Message was edited by: wazza