Pain help and update

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: Pain help and update

Post by Kath »

I use a Mineral Ice rub on my back if I have been lifting the grandchildren. It at least lets me get to sleep. I also use the hot tub to ease my backaches.

But you time is so limited with twins I don't know how you manage. I thought I was busy with the first two 14 months apart... I just can't imagine.

Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
kissygoose

Pain help and update

Post by kissygoose »

I know it's been a while since I've stopped in. The twins have kept me very busy. Unfortunately there is a down side to it all. My arm is becoming more and more pained and I'm finding I'm losing a lot of strength in it. There are days when I can't even lift my child's butt up with my arm to change a diaper. I'm still working on trying to find a dr. who will help me. I think I might have found a PT in the area who can help but due to insurance regulations and such I have to have a dr. refferal. I also haven't really got to talk to the therapist to see how much he really knows about OBPI. I just mentioned it in passing when he was working with my son and he said he had a lot of knowledge regarding OBPI. We'll see.

Anyway, the pain is getting to the point where I can hardly stand it some days. I'm worried cause it seem s like I'm always taking something for it and I'm conserned about the affects of taking ibprofin and the like for so long. Any suggestions to what I can do or how to manage the pain without so much meds. Keep in mind I have 6 month old twins at home.

Thanks.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:54 pm.