Doctor Poll

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
LoriV

Doctor Poll

Post by LoriV »

My 3 month old son, ROBPI, needs to be evaluated for possible primary surgery. I was wondering:

(1) Who did you consult with for opinions?
(2) Who did you ultimately choose for primary surgery?

Thanks for your help!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Doctor Poll

Post by admin »

Where do you live??
LoriV

Post by LoriV »

I live in Wisconsin but I am willing to travel for surgery if needed.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I would get a few opinions. Dr. Cheryl Musynski is in Wisconsin at a bpi clinic and is a neurosurgeon with a lot of experience.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is Dr. Cheryl Muszynski at Childrens in Milwaukee. She is very nice and good. She has a lot of experience and has trained with Dr. Nath in Texas.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We see Dr. Nath and love him. I couldn't ever say enough great things about him.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A friend of mine goes to the BPI clinic at Madison. She likes them a lot and her daughter had primary surgery there about 6 months ago. She said that they are a lot less aggressive and she wishes they would have done surgery sooner, but other than that she is pleased. Where in WI do you live?
dmom

Post by dmom »

Without question, Dr. Rahul Nath. He's in Houston but sees patients from all over. He's been named one of America's Top Doctors for three years running. He does clinics around the country and also does evaluations via videotape, which is great.

I could never say enough good things about him - he has worked miracles on our son's arm and single-handedly restored my faith in the medical profession.

Here is his website, which has tons of info on the injury and its treatment:
www.drnathbrachialplexus.com

Also, you can check out www.injurednewborn.com for a mom's perspective on everything Dr. Nath has done for her child.
Good luck to you!
Janet
claudia

Post by claudia »

Lori:
You should take full advantage of the medical resources listing on this website. There are doctors all over the country.

claudia
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In order to make a personal choice about any doctor, you need to meet them, sit with them and ask them hard questions. Takes notes and sit down afterwards (after you sleep on it) and see which one makes the most sense and which one gives your gut the best feeling. Write down all the positives and negatives and questions that you still may have about them. Contact them again and get your questions answered and then try to figure out which doc you feel most comfortable with. Best of luck to you.