pain relief from vibroacoustic therapy

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

pain relief from vibroacoustic therapy

Post by admin »

2 1/2 years ago I was run over by a tour bus, causing torticollis, avulsion of C5 thru T1, and lots of pain. I've gotten some pain relief from methadone and self-hypnosis, but I'm always looking for other things to try. Just recently I learned about a pain management tool developed thru research at NIH in the US. It's called vibroacoustic therapy; it involves subjecting the person to vibrations that are generated in a random pattern. The irregular pattern proved to be the key to blocking pain signals from registering in the brain.
A company called Somatron has developed chairs and mats that convert music into irregular vibrations and sells them to hospitals, etc. I've used one of their chairs for about 10 days now and find it reduces my pain significantly. (Cancer patients in one of the studies I read reported 50% less pain from this therapy.) If there's a pain/cancer clinic in your area that has this type of chair, or if you have the $$ and are desperate for pain releif as I was, I suggest you try it out.
admin
Site Admin

Re: pain relief from vibroacoustic therapy

Post by admin »

Can someone from this forum acknowledge this information regarding BPI 24X 7 pain?
Some links and information can help us.