Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot? Please HELP!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Re: Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot? Please HELP!

Post by admin »

I received a shot 3/28/05. Terrible pain in left arm. Still have pain when I lift my arm. Some pain in the top of my hand. No previous arm pain before this. Kaiser Doctors do not believe me.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yeah
I had to get a tetanus shot before going into high school. I got it yesterday in my left arm, and now my arm is killing me!!! The left side of my neck is sore, and also the left side of my upper back. Is this a normal reaction to getting a tetanus shot????
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey,
I had to get a tetanus shot before going into High School, and I got it yesterday, in my left arm. Now my arm is killing me!!! The left side of my neck, and my upper left back are really sore too. Is this a normal reaction for just getting a tetanus shot???
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My arm hurts!!!
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Hi Lee
Sorry to hear about your injury. Looks like that link isn't working any more, I used to have this article in my hard drive but I changed computers. I'll try and find something for you. BPI following surgery is fairly common, it can sometimes be from your positioning during surgery rather than the surgery itself, especially if the surgery is prolonged. What does the surgeon say about it?

I'll post anything relevant I find.It might also be worth checking the roll call thread for surgically caused bpi, I know there are a few in there and you can email them by clicking on their name, provided they left a valid email address. I would also suggest seeing a bpi doctor whose main interest is adult tbpi.
. Jen NZ
Nan in On

Post by Nan in On »

Please read through all of the posts on this forum regarding winging scapula...some others, including myself incurred this injury during an unrelated surgery.
My best advice is still to search for "Steven Fromm" on the web. He, in my opinion, has the best resource for info on this type of nerve injury and the resulting winging and disability. He hasn't updated it recently, yet still worth looking at.
Take care.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I received a tetanus shot on Fri, Aug 26. I knew the arm where I received the shot would be sore (as if someone punched me really hard), but now my other arm in practically the same area is more sore than the arm that received the shot. Has any one heard of that occuring?
Teeny99
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 4/5/2015 CRPS TOs brachial plexopathy rotator cuff tears

Post by Teeny99 »

Hi Terry

I have same exact as you you are the first person I met to have the same conditions CRPS TOs brachial plexopathy contact me I would love to talk to you. I see doctor gets in who worked with dr. Schwartzman.