Won our case!!! / Doctor in Southern Cal?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
CAMom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son has LOBPI. He is now 6. He has had Mod Quad and botox to his triceps.

Won our case!!! / Doctor in Southern Cal?

Post by CAMom »

My son is 6, but I haven't been here in years. We were deep in the malpractice suit against the delivering doc, and I was told (and terrified) that what I said here could be used against me in court. So, I stayed away. But...(6 years later...), drumroll please....we won our case! A unanimous jury agreed that the doctor injured our son during delivery (wow - how amazing to be able to say that). That's a long story, of course, but I'm happy to share with any one who might be interested. Just let me know...

What I'm hoping for from someone here, is a referral to a great doc in (preferably) Southern California. We've been to Texas, but we need someone local to work with our great physical therapist and be able to see the doc more regularly. If anyone has a recommendation, please share! Thanks so much.

I'm so happy to be back, and look forward to getting to know everyone again.
KimW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter has a right obstetrical injury. She is 16.
Two surgeries include nerve graft and muscle release.
A great kid that plays soccer, rides horses, plays the piano
and clarinet.

Re: Won our case!!! / Doctor in Southern Cal?

Post by KimW »

GREAT NEWS! Congratulations and welcome back! :D
Kim West
"Children are likely to live up to what you believe of them." Lady Bird Johnson
anotherbpimom...

Post by anotherbpimom... »

I highly recommend Dr. Stevanovic at Children's Hospital, Los Angeles. I would fly across the country for him if I moved. A serious technician on the outside and teddy bear on the inside. So far we've used him for primary nerve surgery and a shoulder tendon transfer surgery. He has a very practical approach and amazing experience. I am extremely picky and researched him. Can't say enough! Also, Jamie Berggren is an O.T. there and works with him. She gets great results. There is also a brachial plexus "camp" Jamie and other O.T.'s give in the summer. (Costs a bit) My girl will be old enough to go next year so can't tell you more. Good luck!
cspro
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right brachial plexus injury due to PICC infiltration in NICU in 2013.

Post by cspro »

Congratulations! Was this case in California? Who was your attorney?
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

You might do a private e-mail to the post, (Won there case) .
You might contact the lawyer here, who is very engaged , trying to help the cause.
He might get you a good referral to a lawyer??
What amazes me is lawyer say never use this sight because of possible harming a case ? You could do private message to a post on private board for this to post to.
This sight should be you'd in court, to prove harm over a life time.It is So many lives
I was injured with birth erbs in the 50s, Court case, O doctors could do no wrong, Just there forceps!
Just thinking???
Tom