Disability

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
jimhildeb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 1995 Ski Accident. Dominant arm, shoulder, neck and hand sometimes other side after several years. Brachial release, spinal implant, recurring therapy. Severe pain and weakness. Limited use of arm due to poor conductivity and blood flow.

Re: Disability

Post by jimhildeb »

Hi,

I experienced a very similar problem approaching SS disability and was rejected the first two times I applied. During a month-long physical outpatient therapy program I met a gentleman who had been shot in the spine trying to break up a fight. He had multiple problems and severe difficulty even walking. He advised me that the only way he and many friends were able to receive disability was after utilizing a lawyer. If you need a referral please let me know. The charges nominal as a relates to SS disability. Certainly the amount is based upon how much you had paid in over the years however, there is a base payment as well. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing so much pain but I totally understand it and experience severe daily pain myself and it's been a nightmare. I receive the best treatment at a program called Spauding rehabilitation in Boston. They had many tips for compensating for difficult activities. Also, I have found that almost every physical therapy shop has slightly different techniques and often I will pick up one good one at each place.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of any help. Hang in there.