PT frequency for teens/young adults

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
kowalc
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Mother of 17 yr old daughter with LOBPI. Nerve graft surgery at 1, ModQuad at 3 1/2

PT frequency for teens/young adults

Post by kowalc »

Does your teen still do formal PT? If so how frequently?
My daughter is 17 and has been seeing PT every 2 weeks. This gives her a chance to change up routine, ask questions about dealing with pain, and do Astym for her scars. Out of the blue they want her to switch to consultation only every three month. Is this the norm?
Master DIVER TOM

Re: PT frequency for teens/young adults

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Hi Mom,
I was hoping someone would of answer you.
Please post on Face book to.
In my life with birth erbs from the 50s , The only therapy I ever had was from Easter Seals. The therapy was in doing Crafts that force me to use my limited use in my erbs arm and hand. It did teach me to use my bad arm with the good one.
I was given a small rubber ball to squeeze , to gain strengthen in grasp. I did this latter in life I drove a semi with erbs and I ended up to have enough grasp to hold onto a semi wheel while I shifted the gears on the truck.
The end of my therapy ended at 10.
In life I have found , the best therapy Is when you engage your limitation and with use your good arm to it. The best outcome is when by doing something you learn to adapt.
I hope this help, Adaptive therapy is a good thing to try.
Tom