Is bpi a disability?

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
abma321
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: bpi on right hand.

Is bpi a disability?

Post by abma321 »

Hi
When applying for jobs there is a standard question - Do you have any disability. Should a person with BPI reply YES? What is the importance of this question?

Regards
AB
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Is bpi a disability?

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Yes , !!! :roll:
Do not check yes for a limitation, Period :roll:
I was a Semi Local driver around Chicago with Birth of erbs,in left, :shock: Stating yes means , our dout to try and a hopeful in employer looking past Our limitation????
Act of God was 25 years with Birth erbs driving a semi , Safe. at of God :shock
Never focus on your limitation , Sign nothing like this ;) It is better to try then give up!!! :shock: ;) Many do things in life , that I could learn some how in life , Like fly fishing, Some learn to do this, Never give up and try, It is better to try than give up :shock: Others and there post to!!!!! :shock: :D I hope I said this OK??? :shock:
Just thinking :roll:
Tom
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

I am going to try to explain this better :shock:
When you apply for a job , dont mark, yes.
When you mark yes , and end up in a pile of other application, You might be past over from a job interview, because others did not have limitation who apply :shock
The second question answer is why a question about being handicap on a job application :roll: Fair job act,
Handicap and getting help from a employer to accommodated you in doing a job, hopefully?? :roll:
Trying to figure out is, IF you can do the job with or without accommodation from a possible employer or can you do the job with only using you limitation :roll: Doing this happen in a job interview not in just marking , handicap on a job application . My erbs always came up in a job interview, I could not hide my sort arm :shock:
Knowing ahead of time about possible accommodation needed is really crazy :shock:
It about the job your applying for , and can I learn to the job with my limitation :roll:
I hope this explain it better.
The act of god comes in trying to work, we all find amazing way to work with or with out accommodation over our working life and by so many posting here to ;) :D

Tom
BPI Cyclist
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Post by BPI Cyclist »

Yes, BPI is a disability, at least as far as the ADA is concerned. With that said, it is illegal for any employer to ask about disability prior to employment. That question should never appear on an application, nor should you have to answer. By law, that is your right.