Husband with brachial plexus

Friends, parents and relatives: do you know someone living with a brachial plexus injury and would like to share your experience? Post here!
Donna68
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: October 2011. Right arm

Husband with brachial plexus

Post by Donna68 »

Hi, I'm new to this site. It's my husband who has a brachial plexus. He was in a motor bike accident in 2011 in South Australia. He sustained a fractured pelvis, both wrist totally shattered and ripped nerves out of his spine causing the brachial plexus. He was in icu for a while. Had quite a few long and lengthy operations which was quite distressing for New and the kids. It was a while before he was able to get up and walk. 6 months later he had his operation for his brachial plexus. They took a nerve from his leg and grafted it into his right arm. It is 2017 now and the arm is still non functional. He is still suffering in pain and still taking his medication for it. He his very depressed( is now on anti depression tablets). Is always angry and gets frustrated that he can't do simple things which we take for granted. We moved back to the UK due to the depression and no one in Australia giving him a job( lost his job in 2011 due to accident worked for GM Holdens). Family and friends live over here too. Has managed to get a job over here, which has made him feel a little better, but not the job he would like to do. Used to be a truck driver now working on a computer. Is there a brachial plexus support group in the UK for my husband to talk to? I think if he could speak to someone who understands what he is going through he might feel life is a bit better.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Husband with brachial plexus

Post by richinma2005 »