Attempted to prune user database!!!

richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Attempted to prune user database!!!

Post by richinma2005 »

In an effort to delete fake users (we had >60,000 users registered at one point) I deleted many that were obvious by searching for bad emails that were registered. That brought it down to 16,000. I then went one by one trying to delete the ones that were also fake emails, but harder to discern--they were mostly gmail accounts. I have already noticed however that I may have deleted real users....I am sorry for that-the posts are still there. If you are one of these, I can give you back your username--I will have to assign a new temporary password though until you log in again, then change it. I will need your username and your email and your name that would be visible on your profile. those are required to register you. after logging in you can change any of that. please email me directly to get your username back and include the email you want listed, username and real name you want on your profile. alternatively you should be able to register with the same username if you don't want to go through me.

richard@ubpn.org

I am sorry for the hassle, but we needed to get the mailing list back to reality :oops:
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Attempted to prune user database!!!

Post by richinma2005 »

richinma2005 wrote:In an effort to delete fake users (we had >60,000 users registered at one point) I deleted many that were obvious by searching for bad emails that were registered. That brought it down to 16,000. I then went one by one trying to delete the ones that were also fake emails, but harder to discern--they were mostly gmail accounts. I have already noticed however that I may have deleted real users....I am sorry for that-the posts are still there. If you are one of these, I can give you back your username--I will have to assign a new temporary password though until you log in again, then change it. I will need your username and your email and your name that would be visible on your profile. those are required to register you. after logging in you can change any of that. please email me directly to get your username back and include the email you want listed, username and real name you want on your profile. alternatively you should be able to register with the same username if you don't want to go through me.

richard@ubpn.org

I am sorry for the hassle, but we needed to get the mailing list back to reality :oops: